Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Explosion Pop Up Card

Today we are creating a fun and easy explosion card with a cake pop up on the inside. This is for my Granddaughter, I think she will like the surprise. I will give you all the measurements here but there are parts that I will just have to instruct you to watch the video on, because some is to hard to explain unless you are looking at what I am doing.

Full video tutorial: https://youtu.be/Va4v37tnlB4

All products came from our store and are listed with links below the video.

Lets Begin

Start off with a piece of cardstock that is 6"x12", on the 12" side you want to score at 5", 10 1/8",
10 1/4", 10 3/8" and 11 1/4". Fold and burnish your score lines.

Next a piece of white cardstock for the center of the card, this is the one you will put your sentiment on. 4"x9 1/2". On the 9 1/2" side score at 4 3/4".

Explosion part, you will need two thin pieces of paper, the thinner the better the card will fold. Cut these at 6"x10", score in the center at 5". Now to do your folds on these pieces for the explosion part you will need to watch the video, but I can tell you where to score or fold. On the long side of the triangle you will score at 2", 3", 4", 5". Then you will accordion fold these.

For the cake part I am inserting a photo that will help with the measurements, but again watching the video will help too.

On the folded end start on the sides and measure in 3/4" and make a mark. From those two marks come up with a line 1", then connect those lines as shown in the photo. Now from that line you just made come in 1/4" from both sides and make a mark, again draw a line up from those two marks 1" long, then connect the line. Do the same for the third tier come in 1/4" from either side and make a mark then draw a 1" line up and connect. You have just made a three tier cake. 
Now for the cutting of these pieces you will need to check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va4v37tnlB4

The mat pieces for the cake are cut at 2 1/4"x3/4" - 1 3/4"x3/4" - 1 1/4"x3/4"

Outside mats are cut at 6 3/4"x4 3/4" and 5 1/2"x4 1/2"

Then decorate as desired.

I hope you enjoy this it comes together really quickly even though it looks complicated.



8 comments:

  1. I love the card, & you make your directions so easy to follow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it , can not wait to try it, thanks for sharing your talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say I love your tutorials on YouTube so easy to follow. Love this card. I have made 2 So far. Just hope I get a bit quicker in time. Thank you so much x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fighting so much to fold the piece that folds out of the card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much,you explain how and why so clearly, I not only enjoyed watching and listening but also making a card myself, you have a new follower.😊👍🌻

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry forgot to put my name maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAGGIE Name for the last 2 comments is Maggie

    ReplyDelete