Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Flower Pot With Forever Flowers

Lets create a flower pot and make some forever flowers. If you are like me, and I hope you are not, I kill every real flower anyone gives me. I have a complete black thumb. My girls give me flowers and I love them but after about a week they die on me. So I thought why not create a flower pot and some "forever flowers", these are the kind I can't kill. lol  You can make these too, they are simple and easy and I will show you how in the tutorial below as well and give you the measurements. Now I cut these out with my cricut air, but you can always just use a circle and cut around the circle like we have shown in the past and make rolled flowers, works out the same. 

I hope you give these a try and make sure to share on our Facebook page when you do. 




Flower Pot

Cardstock 11"x11" score on both sides at 4" and 7"
Cut up on score lines on two opposite sides and then on the corner squares cut away all but 1" on each

Chipboard for bottom is 2 7/8"x2 7/8" 
Chipboard for the sides is 2 7/8"x3 7/8" you will need 4 
Cover with a matching cardstock and trim off the excess
After applying the chipboard to the bottom and the two sides with the tabs, glue the sides together creating your pot and then add the last two pieces of chipboard in.

Mats for the outside of the flower pot are cut at 2 3/4x3 3/4" you will need 4

Top cap mats are cut at 1"x3" score at 1/2" and dry fit. Trim off if necessary.

Glue a piece of floral foam in the bottom to place your flowers stems in.

The base chipboard is cut at 4x4 inches and the cover for the base is cut at 6x6, cover the chipboard, trimming the corners as making an album and then place a 3x3 inch piece on the top side to completely cover all chipboard. Glue this to the bottom of the vase. I used some flat back pearls for the feet. 

Create your flowers and leaves and glue them onto floral wire, place them in your foam 

You are finished, the only other thing I did was add some flat back pearls to the outside of the pot.

Decorate as you wish, makes a beautiful and lasting gift for anyone. 









1 comment:

  1. I don't have a newer cricut, mine doesn't hook up to the computer and I don't have the template for the rolled flowers. could you send me a link as to how you make the flowers out of cutting circles please? Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete