Pages

Friday, January 12, 2018

Storage Solutions #1 - Scrap Paper Storage

This is a quick and easy project but it is very functional. I made this is no time and I can now store my scraps by color and out of the way instead of all in one folder. I can even mount this on my wall or the back of my desk if I would like. Check out the video for a full tutorial on how this is made.
Below is all the measurements as well as photos.

Video Link: https://youtu.be/9Zm8iMPex3U

You will need to pieces of 12x12 cardstock if you are making the size I made, but keep in mind these can be made any size.

Score at 2" on three sides of both sheets. Then measure over on the top (the one with no score lines) from right to left and make a mark at 8". Come down from the top right side and make a mark at 6 1/2". Score from 8" mark to 6 1/2" mark.

Cut up on bottom tabs just to vertical score line. Glue these tabs to the bottom to start to create your container. Do the same on the other piece of paper. Fold over the flap (the part you scored last) this will fold and glue to the inside.

For the Box

3 pcs of chipboard 8 1/2"x11"
1 pc of chipboard 11"x11"
1 pc of chipboard 11"x4 1/2"

On two of the 8 1/2x11 inch chipboard mark down on the long side at 4 1/2 inches, mark the top at 3" and cut this part off to make you slant as the containers are. 

Put this together with your constructions strips as show in the video. 



No comments:

Post a Comment